HP’s Multiformat drive offers high speeds and double-layer
recording, and it’s LightScribe Version 1.2 ready for high-contrast
LightScribe labeling. Hp dvd557s It lets users easily preserve, edit and share
up to 8.5 GB of data, video, photos, and multimedia
presentations on one double-layer disc – and quickly store, back
up and transport files on DVDs and CDs.
The Hp dvd557s, with its sleek, compact, and USB powered design,
gives the user a state of the art optical storage solution on the
go. It reads/writes DVD at up to 8X, and CD at up to 24X.
Compatible and Versatile
- Record to major formats on one drive: DVD±R/±RW,
DVD±R DL, DVD-RAM, CD-R/RW, and LightScribe.
- Enjoy excellent playback compatibility on DVD drives
- Record video onto DVD with your PC, then play it back
in your living room.
- Record and back up critical files on DVD-RAM.
- Sleek compact design
LightScribe Direct Disc Labeling
- LightScribe is artistic: Create beautiful labels and burn
them directly to your LightScribe discs.
- LightScribe is easy: Just write data to your CD or DVD,
then flip the disc over and burn a label.
- LightScribe can’t peel off, get stuck, or cause disc
damage the way paper labels can.
- LightScribe direct disc labeling means no pens, no ink,
no printer and no sticky labels.
The Latest Technologies
- Powered by USB2.0 connection, no AC adapter
- Get the latest optical storage features in the HP dvd557s.
- Record to single or double-layer DVDs, and now to
- Burn labels directly to disc with the latest LightScribe
Creative, Fun and Robust
- Full software suite included – edit video, create
slideshows, back up music and data, create
personalized label designs, and more.
- Surprise your family and friends with slideshows and
home movies, digitally preserved on DVD or CD,
beautifully labeled with your own personal touch and
ready for playback.
- Write speed: DVD+R up to 8X (ZCLV); DVD+RW up to 8X (ZCLV); DVD-R up to
8X(ZCLV); DVD-RW up to 6X (ZCLV);
- DVD+R Double Layer up to 6X (ZCLV); DVD-R Dual Layer up to 6X (ZCLV); DVD-RAM up
to 5X (PCAV);
- CD-R up to 24x (ZCLV); CD-RW up to 24x (ZCLV)
- Read speed: DVD-ROM up to 8X (CAV); CD-ROM up to 24x (CAV)
LightScribe labeling approximate times:
- Sustained transfer: 1x CD = 150KB/s (data mode 1); 1X DVD = 1350 KB/s
- Access time: DVD 130 ms; CD 130 ms (typical)
- Mean time between failures (MTBF): 60,000 POH at 25% duty cycle in room temp
- Minimum system requirements:
1.3 GHz Pentium® IV processor or equivalent recommended (Actual drive
performance depends on PC configuration)
- 128 MB RAM (256 MB RAM recommended for video editing)
- 1024 x 768 video resolution with a minimum of 16-bit color required for DVD
authoring and editing
- Video capture: IEEE 1394 interface or analog video capture device required
- Minimum hard disk space requirements: 1 GB free for included software
installation,10 GB free for DVD video
disc creation (18 GB free for double-layer). Internet connectivity recommended
for software updates
- Operating system compatibility: Microsoft Windows® 7 or Vista (32 or 64 bit
OS) or XP/2000 SP4
- Available USB2.0 port, and a second USB port may be needed for additional
- Device write media compatibility: CD-R, CD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+R DL, DVD+RW, DVD-R,
DVD-R DL, DVD-RW,
4.7 GB single-sided/9.4 GB double-sided DVD-RAM (2.6 GB single-sided/5.2 GB
double-sided media not
- Device read media compatibility: DVD-ROM, DVD+R, DVD+R DL, DVD+RW, DVD-R,
DVD-R DL, DVD-RW,
DVD-RAM, DVD-Video, CD-R, CD-RW, CD-DA, CD Extra, CD-ROM (Mode 1 - Yellow Book),
CD-I Ready (Mode 2/Form 2 – Green Book), Photo-CD (single and multi-session),
- Lightscribe printing media compatibility: LightScribe CD-R, LightScribe DVD+R,
LightScribe DVD-R, .
- Operating temperature: 5° to 35° C (41° to 95° F)
- Storage temperature: -40° to 65° C (-40° to 149° F)
- Operating humidity: 10% ~ 80% RH (Non-condensing)
- Storage humidity: 10% ~ 90% RH (Non-condensing)